Friday, April 4, 2008

My very first time blogging

Hi Everyone-


Well this is my very first entry to my very first blog. I am very excited about starting this as a way to keep all friends and family near and far informed as to what's going on in our family (thanks to my friend Erica who kick started the idea in my head). Lately there seems to be a lot going on.


I, just this morning accepted a job offer for a weekend position at Lake Forest Hospital, which is only 15min away from home. That is a very huge perk with taking this position, along with only having to work 24hrs a week and the pay. The only not so great thing about the job is that it is a med/surg/oncology floor, not any areas of nursing that I want to be doing for too long. AND it is paper charting. Some of you may not think this is a big deal, but I currently work with one of the easiest electronic systems and going to paper makes me cringe. I really like my current telemetry (cardiac) job at Evanston and would still like to pursue either ICU or Labor and delivery, but right now this is what is best for the family.


Also, we are still kind of in limbo with Jeff's new job opportunities. He has interviewed for a District Manager position both in Dayton, OH and Asheville, NC. He is also pursuing one in Denver, CO but has only phone interviewed for that one. I am actually kind of hoping that if he is going to be getting one of these new positions, that he gets the one in Dayton. It is by far the closest to home (priority no. 1) and seems like a nice place to live and raise kids. He should be finding out about Dayton by the end of this month. Keep your fingers crossed!


You might be asking why I am getting a new job if Jeff might be moving us? Well, according to Jeff we must plan to not count on anything until an offer is put on the table. (We all know how he has gotten jerked around in the past with job offers). So all of this job stuff, both his and mine, and the fact that my maternity leave has reached its end has been clogging my head for the past couple of weeks. But on to better and cuter things.......


Joshua!!!!!!! We have a lot of nicknames for the little guy, but sweet pea, little bubba and bubba spuds seem to come out most often. He is such a doll. He is the best and cutest baby, if I do say so myself. So easy going and never really even cries. He only gets up once in the night (around 3 or 3:30) for a diaper change and bottle and then goes right back to sleep until around 7am. We are pretty much already in both daytime and bedtime routines and he's doing pretty well. At his 2 month appt he weighed in at 13.3lbs and 24inches. It is just amazing how much he has already learned and accomplished in 2 1/2 months of life. As far as milestones, head control is a biggy. He does his tummy time and does pretty well, but when he gets pooped he gets pooped. His little head hits the blanket and he can't lift it up anymore. He then hits the point of frustration, poor little guy. Josh has also found his voice. He loves to talk with you, very interactive little guy. It was so funny, the other day Josh and I were dancing around the house to the ipod music and ACDC Shook me all night came on. I was singing the words to Josh and all of a sudden he started chiming in with his squeals and coos. It was adorable. He is my little miracle!!!

3 comments:

Erin M said...

Hi Mary--
I've been thinking about you a lot in the last couple days! We need to get together again soon.
Love,
E

Jeff & Erica said...

Love your blog!!!!

Erica

Guibal said...

well done jeff!!
such a good idea this blog!

congratulations!!

Guillaume an old friend from toulouse to milwaukee!