Friday, October 2, 2009

3D ultrasound

So I have been a very bad blogger to say the least. When I was around 20wks pregnant, which would have been at the end of July, I had my normal ultrasound to check out everything to make sure all was ok and also to determine the gender of the baby. I don't think that I announced it in my blog, but announced it just about everywhere else (email, facebook, etc) that we are having a baby GIRL!!!!!!! We are very excited and couldn't be happier that she is a healthy little peanut. A few doctors visits ago I had inquired about getting a 3D ultrasound done. They are elective and you pay out of pocked (but they aren't too expensive) and we did it with Josh and it was really neat, so we wanted to do it again. Well, I was informed that the ultrasound company that my OB uses is in the middle of moving and getting new equipment, so they aren't offering them right now. I was bummed, but what can you do. Then around Sept 23 I received a call that the ultrasound company is trying to train on their new high-tech equip and if I was willing to be a guinea pig, they would give me a free 3D ultrasound. Such a great offer that of course I couldn't pass it up. So on Friday Sept 25th, after a playdate with my dear friend Trisha, I left Josh with her and I headed to Barrington to have my free ultrasound. The pics below were the best shots that they got (they were still having a lot of difficulty getting used to the new equip/settings/etc. and they got a money shot to definitely confirm that we are expecting a baby girl. face shots
face shots
looks kind of like Josh in this one
look at those cheekers!

arm with a fist, she's a feisty little one!
So, because I don't think that I announced it earlier....we are scheduled to have our csection on November 24th, 2days before turkey day. Looks like I will be celebrating in the hospital.


No comments: